Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The cat is out of the bag..


So Jared and I are excited to finally announce that we are having a baby! We had been talking about when we were going to have kids and we decided we needed to wait until I was done with school. Well I was having a hard time convincing Jared that it was time until his sister Darcie said they were going to start trying for another. After I heard that this was my conversation with Jared:
Me: "Jare, Darcie and Mont are going to have another kid so if we want our kids to have cousins the same age then we need to start trying."
Jared: "Ok."
Me: (seriously it was that easy the whole time??)
We found out the beginning of November that we were expecting but wanted to tell our families after our first doctors appointment. I had my first appointment and then graduated the next day. We made little cards for our parents with a picture of our ultrasound that said: "Card $0.36, envelope $0.05, the look on your face when you see your grandbaby for the first time...PRICELESS! Baby Stokes arriving July 2012." We gave these cards to our moms as we were leaving the Dee events center. My mom stopped to open hers and Billie kept walking. Jared finally had to stop his mom and tell her to open it and when they did we were all in tears. Everyone probably thought we were being ridiculous bawling at a graduation.
Everything has been going great! I haven't been too sick and my doctor says the baby is looking great. She told us today that we were having a little girl. Jared suspected it all along but I thought it was a boy. We are so excited! A little girl is going to be so fun! We thought we were 16 weeks today but our doctor said she is measuring 17 weeks- which is awesome! Anyways we cannot wait for this phase in our lives! I know it will be hard and a complete change but we welcome change!

3 comments:

Anbre said...

So excited for you! You guys are going to be great parents!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations! That is such a fun way to announce your baby. Darling! I can't believe you were able to hold out for such a long time without telling people. I announced at 6 weeks! You're amazing!

Charlotte and Nate Braithwaite said...

Congratulations! It definitely is a big change, but they bring such a love into your home! I am glad everything is going well, and congrats also on your graduation!